Thursday, July 30, 2009

local artist :: betsy + iya

i first met betsy from betsy + iya last winter at the handmade bazaar here in portland. she was sitting there at her table, pounding away on some new jewlery- i couldn't believe how beautiful her pieces were- all made by hand. just look at this gorgeous stuff::






as a fellow vendor, i always try to say hello to the other artists/craftspeople and see what they are selling. i was looking for a thumb ring at the time and having the hardest time trying to find something to fit my tiny thumbs {my thumbs are freakishly small}. when i saw betsy's table, i'm pretty sure an angel appeared and bird started chirping. or something. i found my ring!

it's perfect- it can expand and contract to fit any of my fingers. and i love the cute little decorative balls on the ends. betsy is just a darling too.
visit her shop
+ her blog

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you are SOO sweet!! Thank you so much for this wonderful post. What a treat to see today!?! You know, I was having kind of a tough week and this has just boosted me up. I'm also so glad to know about your wonderful blog now. Thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so welcome! i was glad to find your blog too, hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did a little post awhile back about her shop too. her jewlery is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

archive