Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Darling Savage

Let me tell you a little bit about "Darling Savage". I chose this Etsy shop name because my last name is Savage and, well, I like it (I even kept it after getting married!) But since the word "savage" usually conveys a negative perception, I wanted to soften it up a bit: "darling" sounds sweet and affectionate. So I created the oxymoron, "Darling Savage". A little bit sweet, a little bit wild.


I currently sell two different types of items in my Etsy shop: gift bags and Hanging Fish Wall Decor. The Hanging Fish have become my signature item- they were even used as a prop in a Pottery Barn Kids catalog (yay!) Although I had originally intended for them to be displayed in any part of the home, most of my clients have used them as decor in a nursery or small child's room. So, in turn, my marketing strategy changed a bit- so now my target audience is primarily new moms and those looking for a unique baby shower gift. Here are a few recent pieces I've finished:





The gift bags are a fairly new item for me- I really like the idea of gift-giving without the waste of wrapping paper, so I thought I'd try to make some reusable bags in really cute fabrics. (I actually stole the idea from my mother-in-law who used to make & sell reusable bags several years ago- she was ahead of her time!) So far, the gift bags in my shop are all tiny (about 3" x 4") but I will also be offering larger sizes very soon. The small ones are great for gift cards and small item storage:





Lots more new items coming soon, including holiday-themed gift bags and felt fish wall decor- I will share these items as I add them to the shop! Thanks for reading my blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment